Wednesday, November 20, 2019
Rube Goldberg Competition Saturday
One Durham Tech engineering team is made up entirely of Voyager Academy students and two other teams have graduates from Voyager on them.
The ~ twenty-five judges are local industry engineers and architects. They provide $2500 in prize money for the top 10 teams. There are usually about 75 - 80 teams participating from Wake Tech's and Durham Tech's Intro to Engineering classes (EGR 150). It is a great experience for our students. Although we only bring 5 or 6 teams to the competition Durham Tech has either placed 1st or 2nd for last several semesters.
Family, friends and teachers are welcomed to attend all or part. Come cheer on out students in this prestigious competition!
· A light breakfast and coffee for judges will be available.
· Student teams check in to get table assignments and confirm attendance.
· Judges will receive judging materials and a small token of our appreciation.
· Dr. O’Riordan-Adjah, Department Head of Engineering, will review judging procedures and scoring sheets, and assign judges to teams.
o Special Guests
o Special Thanks to Faculty
· Explain Roles
o Judges, Volunteers, Scorers, Runners
· First Round
· Scorers will determine top ten teams.
· Judges, staff, and volunteers will meet and procedures for second round will be explained.
· Judges’ scores determine the third, second, and first place winners.
1:15 p.m.: Announcements, Thanks, and Awarding of Prizes