FAFSA Application Tips
Why complete the FAFSA?
Completing the FAFSA Form
- Always double check that your information is accurate, and fill out the form completely. A failure to do so could lead to a costly delay in processing.
- Be sure to submit all required forms along with your application. Also check if your school requires any additional paperwork.
- Meet every deadline, at the bare minimum. It’s an even better idea to beat the deadline by as much as possible. Remember, certain types of aid are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Submitting your FAFSA online is the fastest way to get results. To do so, you just need to request a PIN (Personal Identification Number) from www.pin.ed.gov. Filing online can help you catch errors right away.
- Provide accurate information, understand everything you’re signing, and comply with all deadlines.
- Have questions? Many states have special call-in programs during January and February.